Sunday, January 23, 2011

For the Love of Finnish Linen and Lace

I promised a peek at my linen-and-lace fabric bin and pillow cover when they arrived from Finland. I slowed down to relish and document every detail of opening the package and enjoying its contents. It was Christmas money well-spent. I'm so perfectly pleased! Thank you, tuuni, for rescuing this beautiful Finnish handwork and remaking it into something so lovely for my home! Thank you, Mom and Dad, for treating me to my new treasures!
 a customs declaration of handmade textiles--how delightful!
 my first-ever package from Helsinki!
 "brown paper packages tied up with string
these are a few of my favorite things!"
the tuuni sticker says:
TREASURES FROM THE PAST
UPCYCLED TO YOU WITH LOVE

 the fabric bin ironed up beautifully with my 16-year-old, crummy iron
linen and lace perfection!
the fabric bin nestled in its new home, holding compact discs for now
the pillow with gray doily

such rich texture woven into the linen

No comments: